Image Map
Current SOLAR rulebook
October 31, 2014, 09:16:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Race Packet(s)  (Read 1900 times)
Hargo the Toesmasher
Player Character
Famed

Stephen Zuckerman

« on: November 07, 2008, 11:37:45 PM »

Aloha, all.

I play a dwarf, and, at one point, did indeed have my hands on the Dwarven race packet (no lore). However, I no longer do. Sad If there's any way I could get one to read over a few dozen more times? I know that, even without the Lore for the race, the packet was extremely informative, and helped give me some ideas on how to roleplay Hargo as a true-to-form Dwarf.

I am also planning, in January, to start playing a Gnome character - and yes, I will be spending the Build on the racial Lore skill. Is there a complete Gnome packet, along with all of the Lore information, as well? If so, when would I be able to get that packet, and how?

I can certainly understand the desire to keep specific information from players who don't play a given race, but at the same time, getting a racial info packet on-site, a few hours (at best) before one is expected to play the character... It seems a bit challenging.

Any input, info? Smiley

Edit: Also, while I'm at it, (as I'm sure the people who can answer the above question are the best folks to ask this, as well,) the Solar Character Thingy on the main page (http://solarinc.org/socd/) has an option to submit an entry there. How does this relate to the information presented here: http://solarinc.org/clanthiaforum/index.php?topic=200.0 ? (The official thread on the Character Archive.)

Edit again:

So, re-reading the Clanthia Character Archive post, and the SOCD, a couple of questions came to mind.

A three-paragraph (NO MORE) summary of the history is to be included. Is this the "Character History" part that shows up on the SOCD? I noticed several folks (Brinli, for example), including mostly-common knowledge, and ending with "For more, FOIP." If so, that would then mean that the full history is what Plot knows, but does NOT appear on the SOCD page for that character?

It is mentioned that in the section for the full history, one can be as verbose as one likes ("this can be as long as you like"). Please don't take this for a joke when I ask... Do you really mean that? I have a great deal of content I feel would be appropriate to include in Hargo's "character history," and, given my usual manner of narration, that would make the submission very long (but hopefully entertaining to read!). So... Really? As long as I like?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 11:58:07 PM by Hargo the Dwarf » Logged

Turning the food chain into chainmail.
Deanomyte
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 09:26:13 AM »

The Character History Archive and the SOCD board are independant. Nothing you put in your character history ever goes on the SOCD, and vice versa. If it did, then I would be on the SOCD.
Aleena Thurston
Sharon Rice
Epic Hero

Knowledge is power.

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 11:02:16 AM »

The Character History Archive and the SOCD board are independant. Nothing you put in your character history ever goes on the SOCD, and vice versa. If it did, then I would be on the SOCD.
So we can enter our character info in the SOCD ourselves

Edit: after it is in, is there a way to edit it or once in, nothing can be changed?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:19:11 PM by Aleena Thurston » Logged

Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Moira
Stone Elf Race Marshal, New Player Committee
Hero

E. Leland Bridges

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 07:27:02 PM »

So we can enter our character info in the SOCD ourselves

Edit: after it is in, is there a way to edit it or once in, nothing can be changed?
I believe if you want to edit it, you re-send your SOCD profile to whomever takes care of that, and they'll replace it with the new information.

The greatest gift of all was the freedom to choose the capacity in which to serve - not choosing was never the choice.
Aleena Thurston
Sharon Rice
Epic Hero

Knowledge is power.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

I believe if you want to edit it, you re-send your SOCD profile to whomever takes care of that, and they'll replace it with the new information.
Thanks

Its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Hargo the Toesmasher
Player Character
Famed

Stephen Zuckerman

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 02:53:58 PM »

It is mentioned that in the section for the full history, one can be as verbose as one likes ("this can be as long as you like"). Please don't take this for a joke when I ask... Do you really mean that? I have a great deal of content I feel would be appropriate to include in Hargo's "character history," and, given my usual manner of narration, that would make the submission very long (but hopefully entertaining to read!). So... Really? As long as I like?

Could I get an official answer on the above, please? Smiley

Also, who would I need to talk to about getting the Dwarf packet (as I want to go over it before finalizing and submitting my history)? And is it possible to get the Gnome packet prior to actually getting in-play with a Gnome character?

Staff
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »

Answer: Yes.

It is also helpful to include separate information on the individuals mentioned in your character history.

In truth, if you do submit a novel for a character history, don't expect it all to get read, and don't be mad if someone running your character history forgot that Sam, your second cousin, doesn't eat asparagus.

Submit it all, but create the three paragraph, and perhaps a second multiparagraph summary that includes what you want someone running your character history to know.
Hargo the Toesmasher
Player Character
Famed

Stephen Zuckerman

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 03:37:46 PM »

Answer: Yes.

It is also helpful to include separate information on the individuals mentioned in your character history.

In truth, if you do submit a novel for a character history, don't expect it all to get read, and don't be mad if someone running your character history forgot that Sam, your second cousin, doesn't eat asparagus.

Submit it all, but create the three paragraph, and perhaps a second multiparagraph summary that includes what you want someone running your character history to know.

Thank you very much, Staff! Smiley I'll make sure to keep the folks reading it in mind.

Rowan Blackdown
Potentially Sober

Nea Zavicar

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 05:59:23 PM »

*is relatively new to the game

Race packets?   Now that would be fantastic! All I've really had to go on is internet lore and second-hand knowledge (twice as deadly as second-hand smoke.)

How does one go about viewing race packets? Who should I mug for the info?

T'is a great life if you do not weaken.   

You can never out run your tail.
Seenos Galcliff
Dominus Ignis
Citizen

Seth Hudgins

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 08:53:52 PM »

Cause we are asking about Race packets.... I need to get my hands on the Fendari Race packet. I know a good bit about the race already ( thanks Delfin ) but there are still a million+ questions I have. Is there anyway that I can get my hands on it?

“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.” - Eddard Stark
Delfin
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2008, 07:54:45 PM »

Cause we are asking about Race packets.... I need to get my hands on the Fendari Race packet. I know a good bit about the race already ( thanks Delfin ) but there are still a million+ questions I have. Is there anyway that I can get my hands on it?

Tom Bate's has the new revision of the Fendari race packet and to protect In Play Knowledge you would have to find him at a gather and ask him to let you read it. You also need Fendari Lore to read the entire race packet.
Seenos Galcliff
Dominus Ignis
Citizen

Seth Hudgins

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2008, 11:25:38 PM »

Alright, I don't know who Tom Bate's is.. so how do I find him?

Tom Bate's has the new revision of the Fendari race packet and to protect In Play Knowledge you would have to find him at a gather and ask him to let you read it. You also need Fendari Lore to read the entire race packet.

“The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.” - Eddard Stark
Nno
Citizen

Unseeley Race Marshal

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2008, 11:41:42 PM »

dangbear (at) hotmail.com
Rowan Blackdown
Potentially Sober

Nea Zavicar

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2008, 02:32:52 PM »

Ok, I play a mewee.   How does one go about getting a mewee race packet?     Who would have those? (has received conflicting information about mewees)

^_^;;

T'is a great life if you do not weaken.   

You can never out run your tail.
Vero
I'm Ron Burgundy?
Adventurer

Ron Ogden

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2008, 02:55:27 PM »

Not sure about a MWE race packet but I believe there might be a Sylvan Fey race packet : P

*couldn't help it*

"Lies aren't true, so why would anyone tell them?"
-Fighter

"Druids always choose the hard way- it encourages natural selection."
-Leeky Windstaff

"The quickest way to a man's heart really is through his stomach, because then you don't have to chop through that pesky rib cage."
-Jeph Jacque
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: